The 4 Caetanos

The Way We Are!







Monday, February 25, 2013

Taken Back

There is a song by Kenny Chesney called " I Go Back", about songs that reminded him of memories. Over the years, I have experienced a few. For example, "Mony, Mony" by Billy Idol reminds me of every high school dance I ever went to. "Fernando" by ABBA reminds me of spring breaks in college. Well today as I was driving around running errands, I heard a song that took me back 21 years ago that made me burst into tears. I heard "Jesse's Girl" that took me back to my Junior year in high school when Jesse W., a friend, took his life. Those horrible sad feelings came rushing back. I found myself wondering what he would have been up to or what he would have looked like if that tragic night had never happen. I also got thinking about his best friend Kevin, and wondered if he thinks about Jesse often. It may have been 21 years ago but those feelings today were just as real as the ones I had many years ago. I hope you have found peace Jesse! Tip of the day: remember that everyone at some point in life has mental illiness, please be kind to those that have it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment