The 4 Caetanos

The Way We Are!







Thursday, August 20, 2015

1st Day at The Bay



The Caetano children have soared from Silver Hawks to Golden Eagles!  Wednesday was their first day of school at Bayshore.  Both were nervous as well as their mother. Mrs. Jones (2nd) and Mrs. McSheehy (5th) are both new teachers to Bayshore. Both kids came running out to me after school with smiles on their faces. Fredy said his day was Awesome!  Reece wanted me to write down my phone number for a girl she meet in her class.  She had a hard time remembering her name but talked about her all afternoon.    Fredy talked about the girls he sat by and the naughty kids in class.  When asked about his teacher, he said she was fine.  When I asked Reece about her teacher, she replied, "She ain't no Beckly Walstad, but she is ok."  That gave me a huge laugh!

 I am a little unease about Reece's class size (33). When I took her to her class and the kids settled down in their seats, there was no room to move.  She came home with most of her school supplies that I had to buy because they have no room to store them.  The 5th graders are at tables not desks.  I put in a call to the Superindentent of Elementary and heard right back from her. She only knew my first name and I asked to see the report from the Fire Marshall about the safety of that classroom with all those kids, tables and chairs.  The classroom was a regular size room. She stated that was not done and to talk to the principal about my concerns.  Can't wait to hear what happened today, because I heard gossip when I dropped them off.....a second split class 5/6.


As for me, I worked on cleaning the floors in this house.  I am talking with the builder about the shape of the floors...maybe new floors in the works!  I washed a mess of laundry and did a little retail therapy buying a runner for the front entry.  Now looking for a large framed mirror for entry and a new dinning table with chairs. 

I am off to make calls to find doctors and an orthodonist before 3:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment