The 4 Caetanos

The Way We Are!







Saturday, September 5, 2015

Working For A Livin'

After last year and the hellish time I had teaching Promise K I thought I would take this year off, get to know Anchorage, get settled and volunteer at the kids' school. Well, I am working full time for the school district. The Principal's assistant at the kids school asked me to sign up with the district so I could work there. I spent a whole day filling out papers, filling out applications online, getting a background check and fingerprinted. Now, in the state of AK you have to apply to the state for a AK teaching certificate even if you have on in another state. I turned in all my stuff to the district and was told that for classified it would be two weeks before I could sub and for certified I would need to turn paperwork into state and that this time of year they are super busy, so it would take awhile. That was last Friday. I started working on Tuesday and was approved to sub certified as of Thursday (without the paperwork even turned in). I am waiting for WWU to send my transcripts. I am working in an inclusion 3rd grade and I love it. I was hired to work one-on-one with a boy whom is losing his sight, but I help with small groups and others in the class. The job is only until the 18th of September, but who knows what they will ask me to do next.

1 comment:

  1. Just read these last 4 or 5 posts!! I have not been on the blog in the last month. Not sure where the time has gone. Great posts! Love the updates of what is going on and the photo's. I hope all is well. Are you currently working/teaching or on a sub basis? We miss you guys here. Miss having the kids for Lauryn to play with. Miss chillin in your living room! haha!! Hope all is well. Can't wait to see you in 2 months! xo ~Apryl

    ReplyDelete